Submission for full oral and short oral presentations is closed. Deadline of outline paper submission for poster presentation is extended until 30 April 2016.
Outline paper submission is done through the IWA online submission system.
The outlines papers must have two A4 pages of text (approximately 1,000 words) plus up to two additional pages of tables/figures. This must persuasively summarize your proposed presentation. All uploads must reach our online submission system before 14th of January 2016
The IWA online submission system will require:
- selecting the topic among 4 pre-defined themes of the conference
- selecting the presentation format: full oral presentation, short oral presentation or poster presentation
- submission of the outline paper according to the template as an attachment with family name of the first author as the file name (eg. Suarez.doc).
- To ensure a successful submission, please remember to click the “finish” button at the end of the process.
If the submission is successful, you should receive a confirmation email immediately by email. If you do not receive it, please contact the conference secretariat
It is possible to edit your submission up to the deadline of 14th of January 2016, by using your ID and password. Log in to edit or modify your submission HERE
Your outline paper submission and the final full paper (if you are accepted as a full oral presentation) must be in plain English, clearly defining the objectives, status, methodology, findings and significance of the investigation or study. Your submitted outline paper will be peer reviewed by international experts. Program selections are based on the scores and comments of those reviewers. We expect over 300 submissions, and presenter decisions will be announced in March 2016.
Once the outline paper is selected, at least one of the authors must register for the conference (before Early Bird Registration deadline in order to be included in the conference program).
What to submit
- Your initial submission must be in the form of an outline paper: two A4 pages of text (approximately 1,000 words) plus up to two additional pages of tables/figures. This must persuasively summarize your proposed presentation. All uploads must reach our online submission system before 31 December 2015. Please note your preference to present any work as a full oral presentation, short oral presentation with poster or only as a poster, when you submit your outline paper.
- If your submission is accepted for a full oral presentation, you will also have to submit a full paper of between six and eight A4 pages that could be peer-reviewed for publication. Detailed guidance and templates will be announced.
- You may submit as many outline papers as you want. However, no individual can present more than one platform paper/poster – any further papers/posters must be presented by one of the co-authors.
Improving your paper
Three fundamental questions determine whether a paper will be accepted onto the conference program: Is the work novel? Is it correct and well presented? Is it interesting? To improve your chance of success, consider the following criteria.
- Ensure that your paper fits the thematic tracks and it is relevant for experts and non-experts
- Submit original content. Describe breakthrough technology, new concepts, novel applications of established concepts, or improvements to existing theories (with new supporting data)
- Ensure that the work is well developed. If you can show concrete results that are well supported by data, your paper is more likely to be accepted
- Clearly show how significant your work is. Your research must be relevant for your country, region or for other researchers and/or professionals working in your field
- Prepare your outline with care, organize your material well, write clearly in plain English, prepare your graphics professionally, and make sure your information is accurate, up to date, and referenced.
Conference participants will receive a full set of proceedings with the final program. The full papers accepted for the conferences will also be reviewed for publication in one of the IWA Publishing journals, including: Water Science and Technology, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply or Water, Practice and Technology. The final decision on publication will be taken by the editors of the journal. If you do not wish your paper to be considered for publication in a journal, please make this clear when submitting your full paper.
Full oral presentation (20 min)
If you are selected for full oral presentation, you will be asked to give a 20 min oral presentation at the conference during the selected session in addition to submit a full paper to be included in the proceedings. Selected papers will be peer-reviewed for publication in IWA Publishing’s journals, as explained above.
Please note that acceptance of a paper for conference presentation does not guarantee subsequent acceptance for journal publication, the final decision on journal publication lies with the journals’ Editor-in-Chief.
Short oral presentation (5 min)
If you are selected for short oral presentation you will be asked to give a 5 min oral presentation of your research at the conference during the selected session in addition to present you poster at the exhibition. Please see guidance below for poster presentation.
If you are selected for poster presentation, you will be asked to present your poster during the conference exhibition.
Guideline for Poster presentation:
- Poster presenters need to print their own poster and bring it to the conference
If you have any enquiry, please email the conference secretariat at email@example.com